11.19.2011

Landlock: a prayer

my soul
you make yourself an island with seas of apprehensions
and condescensions, barriers of the deep
deep deep deep insecurities
islands are pretty from far away: nice little palm trees and perfect sand, backdrops for a computer screen
let them think you're that kind of island. yeah. let them take pictures from far off
somebody rescue me from this island!
SOMEBODY RESCUE ME!
my way is brokenstrivingangryforcefularrogantfakeashamedpushyproudrejectful                alone
I am marooned by my own selfishness

Landlock my heart, oh God.
Call me out of easy individualism
Hem me in on all sides with continents of broken people crying out for your love
Rescue me from myself

2 comments:

  1. aye, ye jesus loving landlubber, dawn ye sheild of faith n do battle!

    ReplyDelete

\\\ /// \\\