12.22.2011

Mayan Calendar

   Lots of seniors at Whitworth know what they are doing after they graduate.

   I am not one of them.

   Lately I've been in a bit of a panic because up until May 2012, my life has been charted out with nice, measured steps: first grade, second grade.... graduate from high school, go to college.  2012 marks the end of a calendar that I have been living on my entire life!  I'm not sure what happens when it ends!  Apocalypse!!!!


    No matter how I explain it to him, I can't get God to understand how graduation leaves me falling off the edge of cliff.  In fact, I think I heard him laughing this morning as I was telling him that 2012 really is the end of the world for me.

    I believe God wants me to know that exiting my air-tight, step by step plan is actually for my own good.  While I feel safe in my own strategies and ideas, God is calling me to a richer existence that requires risk, trust, and obedience.  God has already proven to me that he doesn't give his children crappy gifts.  A god who would come to earth in vulnerability and sacrificial love in order to give himself to humanity isn't the kind of God who will waste my life.  I still have no idea what will happen after my Mayan Calendar ends, but God does, and because I know his heart for me, I can live with that.


3 comments:

\\\ /// \\\